Computer and Information Technology
General Education Diploma
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
I.T. Support Technician (Baytown, Texas)
Our company provides I.T. Services to SMBs throughout the Southeast Texas Golden Triangle, Southwest Louisiana and the Baytown, Texas area. We are currently seeking an IT support technician for our Baytown, Texas office. We are looking for a candidate with the right attitude, interest, and people skills, and someone who is able and willing to learn on the job.
Required Technical Skills:
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7 & 8 install/support/troubleshooting.
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 & 2013 install/support/troubleshooting.
- PC hardware knowledge (replace memory, repairing PCs, replace hard drives, etc.).
- Good Understanding of Local and Wide Area Networking and services including but not limited to DHCP/DNS/TCP/IP.
- Understand the Microsoft domain environment. (Working in active directory for user management).
- Be able to troubleshoot and remove viruses/malware from PCs.
- Understand configuring and troubleshooting mobile devices (Android, iPhone, iPad).
-Provide over-the-phone and in-person support to clients from our main and branch office.
-Troubleshoot and repair issues related to software, hardware, email, network access, etc.
- Deploy new users and PCs to network.
- Work on I.T. related projects.
-Other duties as determined by management.
- Prior experience in I.T. support -- 2 years.
- Clean Record, Background Check and Drug Screen will be conducted.
-Must have good documentation skills!
- Excellent customer service skills!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Must be a quick learner, a good problem solver.
- Ability to take instruction and direction.
- Reliable transportation. Personal vehicle required.
- Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends, if requested.
- Ability and willingness to work in a TEAM environment.
- Workplace dress is business casual.
- Microsoft Certifications.
- Experience in working with I.T. support ticketing systems.
Location: Baytown, Texas
This is a FULL-TIME position (at least 30 hours per week)